Two sad stories in one day!
First, an officer "ambushed," shot while leaving the scene of what police say was a DUI traffic stop. She was shot multiple times. She's in good condition which is GREAT news!
Second story, just awful! A six week old baby girl died over the weekend after she was rushed to a hospital last week. Her dad agreed to an interview today because he wants other parents to know the danger of sleeping with your baby. He told me that he had fallen asleep on the couch with little Elizabeth Rose. When he woke up she was "unresponsive."
Watch the story here.
This poor man was so torn up. He was just holding on to her little blanket and fighting back the tears as best he could. I can't imagine the pain he and the baby's mom are going through. Being a mom I'll admit I have fallen asleep with my little boy numerous times. This story broke my heart. As I was listening to him talk I got goosebumps just thinking about it. He had so much guilt. The poor mom, she was at work when it happened. My heart breaks for them both.
Stories like this are hard to cover. It's hard not to think about my own child when I hear these stories. I'll admit when I picked my little boy up after work I hugged him a little tighter.
This family may not be the wealthiest, and they may admit to having their own problems in the past, but none of that matters. They lost a child this week and will forever be changed by those events.
They had a sign posted at their house that simply said "Please Pray For Us."
There are a lot of families out there that do believe in co-sleeping. This story is not to say anything negative about those families, it's simply to let this family's voice be heard regarding what happened to their baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment