Apparently, I'm now the bed bug reporter! Not a job to be too excited about, huh?
Earlier this month, I got a tip from a very credible, unnamed source, that there had been a bed bug case at OSU. This in the midst of cases popping up across the country. So, I sacrificed and stayed REALLY late at work that day just to do the story.
Then last week I get a call from a guy who has bed bugs and says his apartment complex is not having luck getting rid of them.
I set the story up only to realize moments later that I just agreed to go to an apartment THAT HAS BED BUGS!!! YIKES!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!
Several deep breaths later I'm on my way with photog Travis, who by the way has had a string of bad luck lately and figured bed bugs would just be the icing on the cake.
We go and I tell the very nice man that we'll just interview him in the hall and that I'm NOT going in his apartment. I have to protect myself and my home.. and my 11 month old. But Travis went in! Brave guy. Did I mention this guy had just trapped a bed bug on a sticky pad hours before we got there!
We then interviewed a Terminix guy about how to get rid of them. He also gave us tips on how to protect ourselves from bringing them in to our house, just in case one of the little guys had hitchhiked his way on to our clothes while we were there.
I took those precautions, which by the way was a hilarious story on it's own, but one that's really not appropriate for this blog... sorry.
So the good news is, after checking my bed 4 times a day, washing my sheets and drying them on high heat, along with anything I wore that day, so far no bed bugs. Keep your fingers crossed.
Trust me, before I agree to do another bed bug story I will definitely be making sure there aren't live ones where I'm going!!
No comments:
Post a Comment