Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Made It...

... one week without talking or texting while driving!

Aren't you proud of me? 

This all started last week, read that post here.

I have to admit it wasn't easy, but here's what I've learned in the last week...
  • I talk to my mom A LOT while driving... so I had to call her the other night and explain that I wasn't ignoring her.  She understood.
  • There are plenty of other ways to get distracted; eating, patting my screaming child's head, reading some random piece of paper that's cluttering up my cup holder, pushing "IGNORE" on my phone when it rings, thinking of what to write in this post, etc.
  • It really is hard to just not answer the phone.
  • It's not always easy to find a place to pull over and answer
  • There are a ton of other people on their phones, and they almost hit me a few times.
  • I think I have a slight road rage issue.
  • That my life is not any less complete by not answering the phone call/text immediately.
I am going to try to continue this new found habit.  I think it's a good thing.  Once I master it then maybe I'll work on one of those other issues, like road rage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment